With the advent of the Information Age, it has opened up a whole world of knowledge previously inaccessible to humans. Just put a few words on any topic of interest in an Internet search engine and provides us with an avalanche of information that is almost impossible to wade.
What affect this will have an overwhelming supply of information about humanity, more specifically, on the education of humanity?
Until relatively recently, during the Industrial Age, the human being had unlimited access to knowledge as it has today. So the possession of specific knowledge in any area was a huge comparative advantage and traditional education systems focused on preparing students with as much knowledge as possible.
However, things have changed. The knowledge is still important, with the difference that today is literally at our fingertips. It is true that there are certain areas of science and knowledge that can only be learned in a context of classroom study, but there are many others who do not.
So the form of online MBA education, it has become increasingly popular. On the Internet you can find specialized courses on any subject under the sun.
The five major advantages of e-learning or online education
1. In many areas of knowledge is no longer necessary to go to a traditional educational institution. The student can study at any place of their choice, even while you are traveling.
2. Moreover the student can find the specific information you need and do not have to be subject to their own curriculum of an institution in order to complete their course. Each student designs their own education according to their interests and needs.
3. The e-learning provides us with cutting-edge areas of knowledge that are not offered in traditional institutions, such as Internet marketing courses taught by experts, virtual assistance courses, courses in the stock market investment U.S., etc
4. Students can study on a set schedule for him or her. This becomes more important in people who work and want or need further schooling in their free time.
5. There are a variety of offers available, as there are no geographical limitations. The student can learn from an expert who is thousands of miles away and gain access to its specialized tutoring program.
Have we fully recognized the true potential of online education and the impact it will have on education today? Traditional education is still largely using its own methodology of the Industrial Age. Maybe it’s time to be open to new alternatives and be well ahead of the tremendous changes that are coming. Because the Internet is here to stay.